Friday, March 12, 2010

Big up to the Fam over at WWW.STABLABS.COM



Photobucket


Back in say…. 2006? I was slangin’ out of the illest boutique in SJ, called Connoisseur 533Marcus R and the 533 fam took me in, and they let me run loose in their shop. Literally.  I was like a kid in a candy store.  It was located in a pimp loft in Downtown San Jose, on Market street, just a block away from nightlife. I was surrounded by fresh gear, hustlers, party goers, scene-sters, hipsters, ladies, homies, money, the dream, and the work ethic.  I gotta admit, it was quite the stunt at the time, since downstairs was the street wear boutique, and upstairs was the current of home of Stab Labs.

As I worked upstairs, it was fresh hearin the footsteps of customers, neighbors and folks come in… Occasionally, I’d hear from below, “Is Ra here?” Marcus or Kareem would let em know i was upstairs… That always put a smile on my face… It was always different at that joint.. Lot of folks trying to network, and make moves.  This is actually where Don P and I got our start, working together and dreaming once the shop was closed.  We’d meet weekly, and just stay motivated.  I wish i had pics right now.. I’d put em up…

<span class=


<span class=

Anyway, long story short, and with the impact of the recession, the shop isn’t around anymore. It’s unfortunate that story came to an 

end, but the folks behind it, like Marcus, have bigger dreams.It’s always good catchin up with Marcus.. Day in and day out, I seen this 

dood WORK. Period.  He absolutely knew how to get it in, and I knew that we’d eventually link up and work on something collaboratively

one day.We got to catch up the other night, and it’s the same where we left off, even if it was months ‘n months ago.  He’s got some 

plans, and a fresh concept, that I can’t reveal just yet…. but it’ll definitely make its way here.

To the 533 fam, thanks for taking me in and lettin me be me in that joint.  Respect.!



<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=







Powered By Blogger

Connoisseur Group Movement

Blog Archive

Labels