Sunday, September 28, 2008

vibe.com interview with Murs.

Editor's Note: Murs, one of Los Angeles' most respected and known underground MC's will be blogging weekly exclusively for VIBE.com. Check back to VIBE.com every Wednesday to get Murs' thoughts on politics, hip hop, and whatever else is on his mind.

Whatuptho? This is Murs checking in with my very first blog here at VIBE.com.
This is where you can tune in weekly to check out my views and rants about today’s politics and what not.

What qualifies me? Not much. No college education or experience in journalism. But I do have an opinion and I’m nice on the microphone. That being said, feel free to comment, correct me, passionately disagree and completely disregard anything said here.

So this week, these GOP mother effers have pissed me off. They are really trying to steal another election. Earlier this week my boy Isa hit me with a link to this Newsweek article about the new voting requirements in Indiana. Basically the article states that you are now required to have a driver’s license to vote. If this isn’t a direct attack on the working class vote I don’t know what is.

What does the ability to operate a motor vehicle have to with your ability to decide who runs this country? Absolutely nothing! But the GOP would have you believe this is an effort to help reduce voter fraud. Bull crap! We all know that there are large numbers of working class folk who can’t afford a vehicle and rely on public transportation. And I would reckon that most of these car-less people would vote Democrat in the upcoming election. Click here to read the article for more details.

But what really infuriates me is that this isn’t just an isolated plot to keep a red state red. They are now trying to do something similar in Wisconsin, a swing state. Obviously, there are no depths to which the GOP won’t go to win. What’s next? The paper bag test? If you’re not lighter than this paper bag, no voting booth for you buddy. I’m sure they can find some Supreme Court case to uphold that one.

This however does prove what we already know. These losers are scared, and act like these only inspire me to handle my business -- which is to vote. Make sure you vote. And make sure everyone I meet -- bus pass or drivers license -- gets out and votes! All my peoples in Indiana and Wisconsin make some noise and let them know we are not going for the “okey-doke.”

Steal an election once (‘00) shame on you, steal an election twice (‘04) shame and more shame on you. Steal this election and gotdammit! I wish something really bad on you and all of your undercover racist, “smile on your face but in the booth you'll never know I voted for McCain”, Prius or Pick-Up driving friends!!!

Murs' new album, Murs for President, is in stores on September 30.

Watch Murs' press conference announcing his candidacy for the President of Hip
Hop.



Powered By Blogger

Connoisseur Group Movement

Blog Archive

Labels